FUT - STRIP METHOD
Follicular unit transplantation consists of using hair units in their naturally occurring pattern. Hairs occur in groups of one, two, three or four referred to as Follicular units. By transplanting hair in this natural pattern, the cosmetic results are more natural. For this reason, it is called the "Rolce Royce of hair transplantation".
MEGA AND GEGA SESSIONS
Mega sessions allow for the achieving of more graft transplants in less time. One to two mega sessions often produce very cosmetically attractive results. During a session, 3,000 to 4,500 hairs are placed in the patient's scalp in a 5 to 6 hour span.
HOW IS THE PROCEDURE PERFORMED ?
The procedure is performed under local anesthesia, as follows:
• A Strip of hair is taken from back of scalp.
• The donor area is then stitched.
• The donor graft is then dissected into follicular units of 2 hair, 3 hairs and single hair using microscope.
• The follicular units are then implanted over the recipient area.
• Patient is sent home the same day with a simple dressing.